The "Toquilla Straw" is an organic material that needs a certain level of humidity to remain preserved and flexible, also the hats require a certain care regime in order to preserve the shape as a whole but also the shape of the crown and the brim as well as the size and the posture of the hat itself.
- Do not leave the hat exposed to the sun for a long time.
- Always handle a hat with clean hands and by the brim, not the crown. Constant pinching can break the fibers.
- The hat must not have contact with water (rain or sea).
- The hat should not wash with water, to clean only with a slightly damp cloth.
- If the hat gets wet slightly, let it dry in the shade.
- If the hat is deformed, it can be ironed using a cloth over it, never iron directly.
- To remove perspiration stains from the hat, wipe the area with a clean damp white cloth as soon as possible after wearing to prevent body salts and oils from staining the straw.